WEDNESDAYS 1pm – 3pm
Everyone’s Aigburth food club provides a basket of groceries for its members in exchange for a small fixed price.
There is so much food wasted on a daily basis. Our suppliers, FareShare, collect perfectly good food that is discarded for a variety of reasons:
- It’s nearing its sell by date,
- The label has been misprinted,
- The can has been dented, or
- It doesn’t look aesthetically pleasing
Collecting this surplus food, protects the environment by preventing it from going to landfill, and enables community groups to make use of the food in a variety of ways, such as food banks, community food co-operatives and food parcels.
How it works:
- Sign up for membership online or in person at the shop.
- The weekly membership Fee is £3.50 (or you can take out monthly or quarterly memberships for additional savings).
- Come along to the shop every Wednesday between 1pm and 3pm to collect 10 grocery items of your choice. (Please be aware that due to social distancing restrictions, we’ll be limited to 2 members inside the shop at a time).
How much could you save?
On average, the same basket of items would cost around £15
You can pay by cash or card in person, each time you shop, or you can take out a regular subscription, which automatically pays your membership fee and helps us estimate our likely number of shoppers each week.
There are 3 types of subscription:
- Weekly – £3.50 per week (annual costing £182)
- Monthly – £14.50 per month (annual costing £174)
- Quarterly – £42 per quarter (annual costing £168)
You could save even more on your shopping by taking out a monthly or quarterly membership.
Are there any restrictions?
No. The food club is open to anyone who lives or works in or near Aigburth. The more members we have, the less food is wasted and the more people we can support.
Your membership means we can pay our suppliers and pay our rent, to enable us to continue to run the food club, reduce food wastage and support the neighbourhood by investing any surplus in other community initiatives.
What’s the catch?
There really isn’t one. We don’t know what stock we’ll have in each week, some weeks there might be some big brand bargains and lots of fresh fruit and vegetables, other weeks there might be lesser known brands and organically grown strawberries that are not quite attractively heart-shaped. But there’ll definitely be something there for everyone.
We hope you’ll take the savings you make through the food club and spend it along Aigburth Road, to help keep our local independent retailers in business.
What if we can’t come during the daytime?
We’re also offer an additional shopping period on Tuesday evening from 5:30pm – 7pm, with timed appointment slots which can be booked here.
Ready to join?
It’s free to join Everyone’s Aigburth and as a member you can use the food club. You can register online or in person. You can pay your food club fee using cash or contactless or you can upgrade your membership to a weekly, monthly or even quarterly subscription.
|Weekly Food Club Subscriber||£3.50 per Week.||Select|
|Monthly Food Club Subscription||£14.50 per Month.||Select|
|Quarterly Food Club Subscription||£42.00 every 3 Months.||Select|
This project has been funded by Liverpool City Council through the Mayor’s Neighbourhood Fund.